This roasted red pepper and chickpea hummus recipe is full of flavor and can be eaten as a snack or added to wraps, or as a dip.
- ½ cup canned chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cups red pepper cut in 2-inch wedges
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- Black pepper to taste
- You may also add cumin or paprika or chili pepper if you like
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Lay out the red peppers baking tray and drizzle with a tablespoon a little bit of olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Cool the roasted peppers and add them to a food processor with the chickpeas, garlic, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper and other seasonings you like to add.
- Blend until smooth.
- If the consistency is too thick for your liking, add a little bit of water until you get the desired consistency.
- Once the desired consistency is achieved, move the hummus to a serving bowl and garnish with paprika if desired.
- Calories: 102 KCal
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.4 g
- Fibre: 1.3 g
- Total Fat: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 36.4 mg
- Phosphorus: 47.4 mg
- Potassium: 122.4 mg
Servings per recipe: 5
Serving size: 1/5
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup