1 cup + 2 Tbsp warm water (110F to 115F)
1/3 cup oil
2 Tbsp active dry yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
1 large egg
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (bread flour will work too)
1) Preheat oven to 400F
2) In a medium bowl combine the water, oil, yeast and sugar. Let rest for 15 minutes or until very foamy.
3) Stir in the egg and 2 cups of the flour by hand.
4) Add the remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time until all the flour is incorporated, and a dough has formed.
5) Shape the dough into 12 equal rolls (flatten slightly for hamburger buns) and place on a sheet pan. Let rolls rest for 10 minutes
6) Bake for 10-15 minutes in the preheated oven until they are golden brown
- Calories: 206.7 KCal
- Protein: 5.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.8 g
- Fibre: 1.6 g
- Total Fat: 6.9 g
- Sodium: 7.8 mg
- Phosphorus: 59.28 mg
- Potassium: 63.4 mg
Servings per recipe: 12
Serving size: 1 73 g roll
0.7 Protein choices
2 Carb Choices
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup