An adaptable dessert recipe.
- 2 1⁄4 cups oats (old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar (can substitute an artificial sweetener if desired)
- 1⁄4 tsp salt (optional)
- 3 cups Rice Dream™, original
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp non-hydrogenated margarine or butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1⁄4 – 1⁄2 tsp almond extract
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spray 8 (6 oz) custard cups or ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange on rimmed baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar and salt. Mix well.
- In medium bowl, whisk together rice dream, eggs, butter, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add to dry ingredients. Mix well until blended. Spoon into cups. Stir berries into each cup, dividing evenly.
- Bake until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 25 to 30 minutes. (Centers will not be completely set.). Cool 10 minutes.
- Calories: 193 KCal
- Protein: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fibre: 2.6 g
- Total Fat: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 138 mg
- Phosphorus: 152.75 mg
- Potassium: 129 mg
Servings per recipe: 8
Serving size: 1/8 of recipe (206 grams)
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup