Make ahead of time or freeze in portions. This pasta is wonderful when paired with grilled meat or fish.
- 1 small package dried porcini mushrooms (30g)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pinch of dried hot chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup of white mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage, or 2 fresh leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup mini boconcini mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 pound (about 2 cups) of any dried pasta (preferably short pasta)
Rehydrate the porcini mushrooms with 1/2 cup hot water.
Bring 3 liters of water to boil for the pasta.
Meanwhile prepare the sauce by heating the oil over medium heat in a large pan. The pan needs to be large enough to hold the noodles once cooked.
Add the garlic and hot pepper flakes, cooking them until garlic turns golden.
Add the white mushrooms, raise the temperature to medium-high and continue to cook.
Cook pasta in boiling water according to package directions.
Squeeze the liquid from the porcini, reserving it for the sauce.
Chop the porcini and add to the pan.
Pour the soaking liquid through a fine sieve into the pan.
Add sage and cook for 5 minutes.
Drain the pasta (do not rinse) and toss into the pan with the mushroom sauce while hot.
Add boconcini cheese, parsley and serve.
- Calories: 457 KCal
- Protein: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 50 g
- Fibre: 3 g
- Total Fat: 24 g
- Sodium: 76 mg
- Phosphorus: 193 mg
- Potassium: 314 mg
Servings per recipe: 4
Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe
What is one exchange?
- 1 Protein Choice = 1oz of meat or 7g of dietary protein
- 1 Starch Choice = about 15g of carbohydrates
- 1 Fruit or Vegetable Choice = ½ cup
- 1 Milk Choice = ½ cup