Strawberries with Basil and Balsamic Vinegar
Renal Diet Nutrient Analysis
- Servings per recipe: 6
- Serving size: ½ cup strawberries + 1/12 of whole cake
- Calories: 148
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fibre: 2.4g
- Total Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 215mg
- Phosphorus: 115mg
- Potassium: 175mg
Renal and Diabetic Exchanges
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp honey
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves torn into small pieces
3 cups strawberries, trimmed, washed and cut into bit sized pieces
½ of store-bought angel food cake
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir together sugar, vinegar, honey and pepper.
2. Add basil and strawberries and toss to coat.
3. Cover and chill at least 10 minutes and up to 1 ½ hours.
4. Cut angel food cake into 6 portions and serve with ½ cup chilled strawberries spooned over the top.