Spicy Shrimp Linguine
When I asked Shannon Chesterfield if she could share a popular recipe from one of her cooking demos, she sent us this Spicy Shrimp Linguine recipe which is both a favourite among demo participants as well as her family. Enjoy!
Source: Shannon Chesterfield, R.D., photo credit piyato/depositphotos.com
Renal Diet Nutrient Analysis
- Servings per recipe: 2
- Serving size: 6 shrimp, 1 cup cooked linguine
- Calories: 381
- Protein: 16.5g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fibre: g
- Total Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 464mg
- Phosphorus: 174mg
- Potassium: 297mg
Renal and Diabetic Exchanges
-1 Tbsp canola oil
-1 small clove garlic, minced
-1 pepperoncini or pickled jalapeno pepper
-¼ cup prepared salsa (mild, med, or hot)
-¼ cup 10% table cream
-2 cups cooked linguine (or any shape pasta)
-¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Meanwhile, sauté shrimp in oil in a medium-sized sauté pan, over medium-high heat.
- When shrimp starts to turn pink/orange add garlic, pepperoncini and salsa and turn heat to low. Continue cooking until shrimp is completely cooked.
- Once pasta is ready, turn heat off and add cream to shrimp mixture along with the pasta. Stir to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Serve with fresh cilantro sprinkled over the top.